Thursday, January 21, 2010

Start!

I need a new project to do, despite the wonderful lack of free time I have. I also need to not forget how to write.

I'm 20 years old, and a music education major at a school that isn't prestigious or large, which makes me like it that much more every time I show up for classes. I've spent the majority of my life with some sort of music in the background, and have always been able to set up a soundtrack to any situation. Some wish life were a musical, I'd prefer it to be a music video.

I listen to anything. Sometimes a song will wind up being significant not because of the musical structure, but more because of the situation it's being played in. So, trashy pop songs can matter in someone's life just as much as say, a symphonic poem. What defines one's iTunes library should not be the artistic merit of the performers or composers in it, but what memories they have with that song. I have a story or a reasoning for every song in my library - rarely are they in there just because I like them. That's not enough for me. They need a mood, a feeling. They need to be able to bring me back to that moment I first heard them.

So, here goes my attempt to relay all those emotions, memories, and stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment